Erin Conners, MPH is a PhD Candidate in the UCSD-SDSU Joint Doctoral Program in Public Health, Global Health. She is an infectious disease epidemiologist trained in quantitative and qualitative data analyses domestically and abroad. Erin received her MPH in Epidemiology from the University of California, Los Angeles and a BA in Psychology from UC Berkeley. She was previously a project coordinator at the Veterans Health Administration implementing and evaluating programs for Veterans with HIV and Hepatitis C.
Erin is a current NIH NIDA T32 trainee, 2014-2015 Inamori fellow, and recipient of the UC MEXUS Dissertation Grant ‘Potential Role of Migration in Chagas Disease Expansion’. Drawing from the fields of epidemiology, geography, and the social sciences, her dissertation research studies how place, mobility and health are interrelated. Specifically, the proposal is focused on the role of mobility on infectious disease risk at the Northern and Southern borders of Mexico. Her research interests broadly include GIS methodology, emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases, HIV and STIs, substance use, and mixed-methods research.
1. Conners EE, Silverman JG, Ulibarri MD, Magis-Rodriguez C, Strathdee SA, Staines-Orozco H, Patterson TL, Brouwer KC. Structural determinants of client perpetrated violence among female sex workers in two Mexico-U.S. border cities. AIDS Behav. (Epub ahead of print)
2. Shergill AK, Conners EE, McQuaid KR, Epstein S, Ryan JC, Shah JN, Inadomi J, Somsouk M. Protective Association of Colonoscopy against Proximal and Distal Colon Cancer and Patterns in Interval Cancer. Gastrointest Endosc. (Epub ahead of print)
3. Anaya HD, Butler JN, Knapp H, Conners EE, Chan K, & Rumanes S. Implementing an HIV Rapid Testing/Linkage to Care Project among Homeless Individuals in Los Angeles County: A Collaborative Effort between Federal, County, and City Government. Am. J. Pub. Health. 2015; 105(1):85-90.
4. Lynch I, Hayes A, Buffum M, & Conners E. Insufflation Using Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Versus Room Air During Colonoscopy: Comparison of Patient Comfort, Recovery Time, and Nursing Resources. Gastroenterol Nurs. 2015; 38(3):211-7.
5. Conners EE, Butler J, Hagedorn H, Wilson P, Felmet K, Bonanomi H, Haas G, Klima G, Sudzina E, & Anaya H. Evaluating the Implementation of Nurse-Initiated HIV Rapid Testing in VA Substance Use Disorder Clinics. International Journal of STD & AIDS 2012; 23(11):799-805.